On a tight budget and want to do it yourself?
The On Hold Store’s a la carte service is just what you need!
It’s as EZ as 1-2-3!!
Just choose the greetings and music that you need and download them.
You can even get creative with the audio editor of your choice or simply convert them to the format required for your system.
There you go!
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS FOR YOU:
- Begin your recording with a welcome greeting—Thank you for calling.
- If you have enabled the Dial-by-Name/Extension feature, inform callers of this early and that they may dial their party’s extension at any time.
- Give callers all navigation options available and let them know that they can make a choice at any time.
- Let your callers know if your menu options have recently changed.
- Always use the same numbers for departments, ie; “2” for shipping, “3” for sales, etc. especially if you have multiple systems and/ or locations and be sure to reserve “0” for the operator.
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CUSTOMER’S CALL EXPERIENCE
Only you know best what your on hold campaign dynamics are based on your caller demographics.
Who your callers are. How long the average on hold time is, etc.
Keep these things in mind when choosing the style of music and the length of your messages.
If your average caller is on hold for 30 seconds, then you want to drive your point home in 25.
We also recommend changing up on your program often to keep things fresh.